Monday, June 12, 2006

Hi, I am a new blogger. I am here because of my friend Betsy. We both have daughters with Down syndrome. Paige is 4 years and a day older then Emma. Betsy likes to say that my daughter Emma was Paige's nicest birthday gift ever but I think that Paige, along with her mother, were our nicest gift ever too!!!
When Emma was born she spent 6 weeks in NICU and, at the hospital they gave me a Down syndrome kit and there on a pink paper was Betsy inviting new moms to call her. Heaven be blessed, we lived in the same community!
Over the years, we became closer, not only because of our daughters, but because of our shared values, our honesty, our pleasures in just living...
Paige and Emma are now good friends. They didn't use to get along but they are now swimming together, they are horseback riding together, they are in the same class in the afternoon and love playing together.
Even though they both have Down syndrome, they are really, really different. Paige is gentle, delicate. She has a musical voice and can sit and pay attention for a long time. Emma is a go getter. She is very active, yet girlish. Her voice is kind of deep for a 5 year old.
Betsy and I also each have an older daughter. Dakota and Amy are 13. So there again, we kind of go through similar situations with the start of adolescence...
Betsy writes wonderful blogs and has inspired me to start my own. So, pleased to meet you all and hope to get to know you better...

4 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

What a beautiful start to your blog!

You have one of the most beautiful souls I've ever met, and I'm so happy that fate brought us together as friends.

I always feel like you are so wise, and have such a wonderful perspective on life...you remind me of the important things in our lives.

You know I love Emma like she is my own daughter...and I love that her and Paige are such good friends now. They are so funny and silly together--so funny how they are so different in so many ways, but so much the same too.

I can't wait to read about your journey on your blog as well...

8:06 PM  
Blogger Betsy said...

Camille: Check out where I hang out online...see if you can figure out what we all have in common ;)

http://www.network54.com/Forum/244888/

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging...your friend betsy has a wonderful blog, hoping to read more about your family.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Hi there - lovely to read your blog. I started my own too after reading Bits of Betsy. From there I found others that I also liked reading. I have 20 month twins - one of whom has DS. Hope you enjoy the blogging experience.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home