Friday, June 16, 2006

FOR BETSY

Betsy enjoys praising me but everyone should know that I am the one blessed by her friendship. You see, I get excited about things... So I often grab the phone and call Betsy. Betsy is always there for me. I've barged in on her amd her family on different occasions, to pass on a book or a tape my sister sent about speech, to vent out frustrations or share a bright moment.

So, in Betsy's blog, while welcoming me to this new world, she mentioned that I should share a few stories about Emma. So here goes...

Emma was always very active, very curious. She has a great personality and enjoys getting into mischief.

Yes, she can drink milk from the cat dish. She can poor milk into my stew.

One day, after knowing our physio therapist for a couple of years, she suddenly took notice of his bald head. She made Brian bend down, caressed his shiny head while saying Woooow. Then she kissed it! I was soooo shy... But from then on, this became her ritual and Brian, I think, enjoyed the special attention.

Emma also has a thing for the microwave. She likes shoving anything in there. Wanting to leave my mother's house, I couldn't find one of her boots. We looked and looked everywhere. We finally left without the boot. The next day, my mother phoned to say she had found the boot...
in the microwave. Another time, after starting our microwave, she blew in less than 3 seconds, a beautiful Mickey Mouse pen that lit up. Oh, she also killed her dad's poker machine in there. There was a small black circle on the screen. That was it for the poker machine.

Emma also likes baking. She will put anything in the oven. Her babies, my slippers, the dish clothes. So beware, better look in there before starting the oven...plastic melts, you know.

Last one, for now. Last year while she was at a daycare centre, her aid was introducing her to peeing on the toilet. The aid left her for a second. On her way back, she could hear water running... She thought: Great, Emma is peeing in the toilet. Guess again Karen. Emma was peeing all right but she was standing, with her pants down, in a boy's urinal...

That's it for now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

hehehe!!! I love Emma stories!!!

You forgot about the time she "toasted" the cd's in the toaster!!!

I told you, all those times people say to you, "you must be very busy" or "you must never stop running" that they don't realize how wonderful it is that Emma is so curious--she is sooo smart because of it!!!

When Emma and Paige are all grown-up and want to be roommates, Emma is going to do all the cooking,sweeping, and housework while Paige carries around her screwdriver and changes the batteries on everything, loads the fun games on the computer, and a movie into the dvd player.

That is, if they can stop hugging for 5 minutes!!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello.......I also have a five year old named 'Emma'...actually it is Emma Sage and also have been so blessed to have Betsy in my life ....and how lucky for the two of you to live near by! I loved the Emma learning to go potty story,,,,,,she sounds like a very cleaver and delightful little girl. I look forward to getting to know her and her family through your blog!
Peace, Tara Marie & Emma Sage

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home