Sunday, July 02, 2006

CAREER OPTIONS



Today, Emma gave us a glimpse of what she would like to be when she grows up...

I was upstairs for 10 minutes. When I came back downstairs, Carl said look at what Emma did. I couldn't see anything. He said: SHE CUT HER HAIR!

There it was, the perfect hair cut. Since school finished last week, her teacher sent all of her stuff back home. Emma went through her school bag and found her scissors...She was very quiet in the living room. Carl thought she was watching T.V.

Emma did a really good job. She kind of went on a slenght all along her right side. It almost looks like a hairdresser layering job, almost. There is one distinction... Right at the top of her head, she has that very short piece that sticks up just like Dennis the Menace.

Carl wondered how far she would have gone before stopping. The Lord only knows. But I could picture her doing it. Grabbing her hair with one hand and CUTTING with the other. I guess her coordination with the scissors is improving...

For some reason, the whole episode made me very happy. I asked Emma: Did you cut your hair? She laughed and said : yeah, cut. She was actually giggling... The little rascal.
It my heart, it felt so good to live this moment. This little girl of mine is just like a million other little girls, experimenting with life!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

awww, Emmy, you little nut!!! I can't believe you did that! Silly, silly girlie!

Camille, you are taking this MUCH better than I would if it were Paige. Imagine my reaction to having Paige give herself a haircut--I would be devastated.

Em, I'm sure you look totally adorable with your new hairdo and your "big girl freckles" that are popping up.

Please forgive me if I frisk your cute little self when you show up at my door for a playdate!!! :)

6:33 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

What a clever girl! Where is the photo? It is funny how some behaviour demonstrates such skill that there is little chastisement - especially when everyone has been trying so hard to help improve those skills!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Love the photoes - she did a great job - definitely a possible career there for her!

2:12 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

LOL I know exactly what you mean. {{hugs}}

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that Quinn, for the first time, had a few little bruises on his legs and I was so excited and happy because it means that he's playing and climbing and sometimes falling down and it makes my heart swell to see him have fun out in the yard with his big brothers.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home